About Linux Crumbs
In this web site Curtis Gedak shares his knowledge from using various hardware devices and applications with GNU/Linux.
The news page lists by date each new crumb of knowledge.
The documentation page lists all of the crumbs of knowledge. Topics include:
About the Author
Curtis Gedak has used GNU/Linux for almost two decades:
- In the late 1990's dabbled with Mandrake Linux
- In 2001 set up a dual boot computer with Red Hat 7
- In 2006 switched to Kubuntu 6.06 as main desktop operating system
- Actively works with many other distributions, such as Debian, Fedora, openSUSE, and Ubuntu.
- Currently uses Kubuntu 16.04
Some of his contributions are:
- Maintainer for Solitaire Card Games (SolitaireCG) application for Android™ (since early 2015)
- Maintainer for Electronic Book Geneneration Tools (EBookGenTools) scripts (since late 2013)
- Maintainer for the GNOME Partition Editor (GParted) application (since late 2007)
- Wrote a book with Packt Publishing entitled Managing Partitions with GParted How-to (2012)
- Wrote a simple peg move/jump game for Palm Pilot called 9 Peg (1997)
Curtis enjoys and values the freedoms afforded by the GNU/Linux ecosystem and Free Software in general. As such he endeavours to give back to the Free Software community whenever he can.
Android is a trademark of Google Inc.